Friday, April 15, 2011
Sari Webb - WriterBelle
1. In your fantasy works, do you often make up completely new worlds or interweave your ideas into the existing world?
I've done both. The story I'm currently revising starts off in the real world, although I never name where, and then moves into a fantasy world. The majority of the story is set in the fantasy world. The story I've just started writing is paranormal and is based in the real world. It's been fun researching places I've never been to create the setting.
2. Do you have any projects outside YA fantasy?
Nope. Unless you count paranormal. But that's a sub-genre of fantasy. I've always read mostly fantasy, and now it's what I write.
3. Where do you sit when writing? Do you use the computer or regular old pen and paper?
I sit in our home office. My partner built me a nice big table to work at, great for the sprawl that is my mess. It's less distracting in the office than anywhere else in the house, although I still have access to the interwebs . I write on the laptop, but when I'm coming up with new ideas or plotting I like to write with pen and paper.
4. What is/are your favorite blog(s) outside of the group?
I have two awesome critique partners: Maggie at Words, Wine & Wanderlust, and Barbara at Scribbles & Jots. I also love Nathan Bransford, BookEnds, Miss Snark's First Victim and Query Shark.
5. What is your favorite fantasy creature (elf, dwarf, werewolf, etc.)?
I loved Solembum in Eragon, and werecats in general I guess. I'm a cat person. And dragons. Gotta love the dragons!