Monday, April 18, 2011

Ciara Knight - Mother of Four (And That's Just Counting the Books!)

I'm happily married to my husband, Chris. We have three amazing boys aged 4, 6, and 13. Life is never boring with three sons.

I write Paranormal and Fantasy fiction for Adult, Young Adult, and Middle Grade. I’m actively involved in Romance Writers of America (RWA), my local chapter Georgia Romance Writers (GRW), and a specialty group of RWA, Futuristic, Fantasy, & Paranormal (FF&P).

For more information on what I write go to the Books section of my blog.

1.  In your fantasy works, do you often make up completely new worlds or interweave your ideas into the existing world?

My young adult paranormal, RISE FROM DARKNESS who I just sold to Turquoise Morning Press, is set in our world, but altered with paranormal elements. Most of the stories I write I create all new worlds.

2. Do you have any projects outside YA fantasy?

Yes, I write adult fantasy, YA paranormal/fantasy/Steampunk, and MG.

3. Where do you sit when writing? Do you use the computer or regular old pen and paper?

I write in carpool line, at sports practices, and music lessons. :) Anywhere I can take my laptop. I’ll take notes on paper, but I always write manuscripts on my computer.

4. What is/are your favorite blog(s) outside of the group?

Oh, so many of them. That is difficult. :) McQueen Knights, Lynn Rush, Laura Diamond, Julia Rachel Barrett, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Hart Johnson.

5. What is your favorite fantasy creature (elf, dwarf, werewolf, etc.)?

I love them all! :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your latest sale Ciara. Look forward to seeing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview, Brooke! I love worlds with paranormal elements. Rise from Darkness seems really awesome, I'll have to look for it when it comes out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just met Ciara on Facebook. Here and there, she seems like a nice person. I look forward to reading her book in the future.

    ReplyDelete