Monday, April 18, 2011

Back on My Feet

There is nothing better in the world (besides air, cats, and Lizzie) than having words spill forth effortlessly from your brain onto the page (typed or otherwise). For the past month or two, I have been experiencing a block. I won't call it writer's block because I still had the ideas, just getting the words out was like pulling teeth (and we won't even mention March's goals). The best description I can give you is a dam holding back a river. Thank God the dam burst.

I have managed to write five thousand words toward The Lullaby in the past week (though I will admit a large chunk of it is dialogue; I like dialogue...), more words than all of last month. I achieved one thousand words on last week's short story. Something that hasn't happened since Week Ten. I have stuck with NaPoWriMo and not fallen behind. I've decided on my points of view for HEIRS TO ESIO and finished assigning last names. Things are going great.

Question: Have you had any recent successes lately? Any dams that have burst?

P.S. Here's something else I've managed to accomplish this week. Let me know if you enjoy. :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your block has disintegrated! I haven't really had a block lately, but I've felt rushed off my feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know that feeling too! I actually had it just a few moments ago but it's gotten a tad bit over itself since I finished today's poem. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today the theory of Awebalansome shall be disproved! I've gotten half of my goal for today written. Huzzah! It's good that you've finally gotten back into the swing of things!! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we will prove it wrong one of these days! I'm currently trying to think of a poetry idea to help our efforts. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the vlog! I'm awed by your dedication to writing.

    ReplyDelete