1. In your fantasy works, do you often make up completely new worlds or interweave your ideas into the existing world?
In my first novel I did make up an entire fairy world inside a willow tree grove which so happened to be on the outskirts of a NYC suburb.
2. Do you have any projects outside YA fantasy?
Yes. After I finished AMBER AND THE WHISPERING WILLOWS, which is the first in a series, I decided to write something else. I wrote an edgy Y/A contemporary.
3. Where do you sit when writing? Do you use the computer or regular old pen and paper?
I don't sit generally. I stretch out on a bed or sofa, with my laptop on a computer table that adjusts. So I work between the bedroom (usually at night) and the living room during the day. The only time I jot things down is when there are many characters so I'm able to keep them straight.
4. What is/are your favorite blog(s) outside of the group?
5. What is your favorite fantasy creature (elf, dwarf, werewolf, etc.)?
I would have to say fairies.