Sunday, April 28, 2013

angels wear pink dresses

there's a boy at her school who wears pink every day
once she stood outside alone with him, staring at his busted lip
she asked him why

Because her car was pink. Her bedroom walls too. Because her mom wouldn't let her dye her hair pink and when she pouted about it I didn't tell her I liked her natural color better. Because she bought me a pink shirt she never got to see me wear. Because she loved standing outside at that moment in the middle of the sun setting when the whole earth is tinged pink and she couldn't be buried at that time of day. Because there's still an old tube of her brightest pink lipstick in my glove box. Because when she blushed her own shade of pink it was the prettiest thing in the world. Because if there is such a thing as God, I know he gave her a pink dress to go with her wings and I want to match her every day to make up for the promise I won't get to keep on prom night. I have a million reasons, but it's mainly because my most important one isn't here.

4 comments:

  1. I want to be an angel. I like the post. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. All the different pinks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel. :) Glad you enjoyed the imagery. I feel like some of my wording was a bit awkward, but I really love the thoughts and theme behind it.

      Delete