Thursday, February 17, 2011

Masterpiece

Smooth under my sensitive fingertips
Dark ebony tones pleasing to the eye
Grains that swirl together like chocolate
Endless pockets to store and hide secrets

A masterpiece from the depths of
a novel,
a fairytale,
a dream

Craftsmanship fit for the gods
all
for
me

So what do you think it's about? I think it's about a desk (yeah, I'm nerdy). I also think I've grown to like writing poems that no one can figure out. (My mom finished reading it: "So what's it about?") It makes me feel smart because I know already. It took me a lot of thinking to get this poem just right (even without using the word desk) and I'm proud of it. It's short (like someone I know) but I don't mind. It's just like it's supposed to be, and that, is that.

P.S. There sure are a lot of parentheses in that post, aren't there? (Sure are.)

12 comments:

  1. Hey nothing wring with nerdy. They sure beat the hell out of boring and 'trying to fit in'

    :-)

    Like the chocolate line. I must be hungry

    Happy crusading

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually not really a chocolate person. Though I won't turn down Reese's, KitKat's, or Crunch bars (notice how these are all mixed with something else). The only straight chocolate I like is Tootsie Rolls and occasionally some dark Hershey's (has to be dark though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of a computer minus the grain. All this chocolate talk has me hungry lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ebony. Such a pretty word. ^__^ I liked it! The "all for me" line made me think the poem was about you and your books. Guess I was wrong. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kerri A computer makes sense. lol -hands candy bar-

    @Madeline lol That makes complete sense. Those lines would describe my bookshelves. Except perhaps the pocket line. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello fellow crusader! I love them parenthesis! ;)
    You, a nerd? Naw, just passionate. This world loves ya!

    ♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! There's noting wrong with nerdy.

    I guessed the same thing Madeline did at first--a bookshelf or something like that. But the pocket line sort of threw me off. (Also, after that chocolate line, I had to get up and get a Snickers bar. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Brooke,

    I hopped over from Rach's list to introduce myself and follow.

    Today the first challenge was posted.... YAH!

    Michael

    February 18, 2011 2:40 PM

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kristina Nerdy rocks. You should see my bookshelves; they're beautiful. I think I have a picture in an old blog post. Somewhere...

    @Michael Well, it's nice to meet you. ^^ I'm Brooke (though I guess you already knew that) since we're introducing ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did a phenomenal job describing it without saying the word. It is really well done. Fellow crusader and follower stopping by and enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much. ^^ I'm glad to know I pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete