Thursday, February 10, 2011

Four

Flipping
Flopping

Who am I?

Twisting
Turning

I can't decide

Switching
Swapping

The world goes by...

Meshing
Mashing

...seen through four sets of eyes.

Another character poem. This one about Stream from HEIRS TO ESIO (I've decided to do series in capital letters). She currently doesn't have a last name because I'm changing it, and that's not the only thing. It came to me that it might be interesting if she had multiple personality disorder. It adds conflict and interest. Plus, her personality has always varied anyway. So far, I have names for all four personalities and the basics of each. I'll be working on her along with everything else for HEIRS.

Question: What do you think of MPO? Do you think it's interesting when a character has it, or do you think of it more as a clique?

3 comments:

  1. I agree, inner conflict is interesting! Half of my characters for revision have it. Characters who struggle are much more fun. ^__^ I haven't tried a lot of different personalities in one character though, just more so inner conflict between wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MPO is interesting. It adds conflict, and I'm thinking that someone in my novel series should have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Madeline How are you going to show all of your character's inner conflicts when it's a first person novel? I'm just wondering what your plan is.

    @Izzy Did you ever tell me what that series was going to be about?

    ReplyDelete