Monday, January 03, 2011

It's Working Already

My resolutions are turning out for the better already, at least the ones I can work on now. Vlogging seems pretty far away, as does the peer pressure (though I'm sure that could change). I have already completed Chapters Six and Seven as well as reaching 10,000 words! The treat-almost-like-a-first-draft strategy is working. This makes me feel great seeing as I'm already one third of the way through my first draft's word count and I still haven't made it to the end of chapter one (I've decided for organization purposes to capitalize the Chapter # for the rewrite and leave the first draft references lowercase). Though I may have to chop some of that word count off. I was reading this blog post and I got to thinking that maybe my first two chapters aren't relevant. I'm not entirely sure though. I'll have to think on it.

I've also managed to edit three chapters of Thinking of You. I know that doesn't seem like much but I've decided to edit one chapter a day. With thirty chapters I should be finished with the first round of editing within the month. And what does the first round of editing include? Well, I think the most important issue is the switching from past to present tense. I'm going through and marking where I switch between them, that way I know where I'm going to have to rewrite parts. The less pressing, but still important, issue is the swearing (and the army of typos NaNo leaves behind). I'm going through and circling them all so later I can either decide to cut them, keep them, or tone them down.

Organization is coming slowly, but it's coming. I've already updated the Ledges section a little bit, showing what each project currently requires. I've also added 'Plot Royally Burned' to the list. I'll add more details to that section later. I need to get to work on Heirs to Esio or I'll start feeling bad about it again. I've found that I have horrible anxiety at times. Here's to hoping it backs off so I can get some work done. Lord, knows I have enough of it (but I like it that way ^^).

P.S. The first prompt for The Chrysalis Experiment is up, so I'll be working on that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment