Thursday, November 11, 2010

30k Landmark Reached

Last night, I reached 30,000 words, right before midnight. I don't know why it was so important that I get it done before Thursday (today) but it was and I got there and it made me feel happy. NaNo has been doing a lot of things to make me happy lately, I've noticed. This year it has also greatly increased my word count output. It has raised my confidence to a whole new level and that is why it is such an amazing program.

So far today, I've reached a total of 32,437 words, and it's only three o'clock. If I really pushed it, like to the extreme I could get to 40k today but I doubt that that is going to happen. My sister has soccer practice, and though I still write while I'm there I don't write much. Then there's dinner and a shower and all those other little things that go along with good hygiene. I'm reaching for somewhere between 35 and 37k. Here's to hoping I can get there.

P.S. Go hover over the NaNoWriMo pictures for captions.

2 comments:

  1. Thirty thousand! That's awesome. Keep it up, the end is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I really want to finish this. I just have to write 5k today, tomorrow, and Sunday. I know I can do it as long as I don't get sidetracked. Sadly, I have lots of homework, it's all easy but it's still going to take some time. I will not let that stop me though! I'll just have to do it extra fast. XD

    ReplyDelete