Monday, February 18, 2013

Book Guilt

Today is President's Day, which means I have no school. Since I have no school, I'm hoping to get a lot of reading done. I'm hunkering down and immersing myself in books in a way I haven't done in a long time. I'm letting myself go and getting rid of this "book guilt."

What is book guilt? It's a term I learned from Kristina Horner. I'll let her explain it to you.


When I saw this video, it felt like she was talking about me, like she was describing my reading life. It was eye-opening. I don't want this video to be about me. I want to go back to the way I was, where I read every chance I got and enjoyed it and fell in love with characters and stories that I still carry around in my head today. I'm climbing back up that reading slope and today is my first step.

If you have the time, I've made a video about the books I want to read by the end of the month and all the books I've gotten this month.


2 comments:

  1. There's never enough time. Enjoy reading, Brooke :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael. :) While I didn't get near as much read as I hoped, I did make progress on my book.

      I do think that you would enjoy the INCARCERON/SAPPHIQUE duet by Catherine Fisher. It's probably a bit toward the lower age range scale for you, but it's a very unique, intriguing story.

      Delete