Friday, October 01, 2010

Detour

31 days until National Novel Writing Month

It's October and you know what that means! But just in case you don't, I'll tell you. October is when I start planning for NaNoWriMo. I've had my plot (really it's just an in depth idea) picked out for months but this month is when I actually start going over details and characters and what have you. I didn't get much done today besides better explaining four terms that will be used frequently throughout the novel. I need to start mapping out events and picking characters. Maybe this weekend.

Of course, this means The Lullaby is going to be put on hold for the month of November. If I want to reach the full goal of 50,000 words that is. And I want to, very much. I do however plan to finish Chapter Four before then. As a matter of fact, I wrote some more of it today. About four hundred words. But I'm stuck again. I need to think of something that Cassie would need, something she would really need. Once I figure that out, though, the rest should be a breeze.

Now, I'm sure you're all just dying to know what my NaNo (I'm going to have to think of a title soon) is going to be about. Here's the initial idea. Did I mention this would be my first first person project?

You know all those babies and little kids who disappear every year? 'Kidnapped' they say. And they are, in a sense. But not by some maniac bent on torturing them or killing them in a most horrible fashion. I guess you could say that was true, too, if you really thought about it. But that also depends on your view of the government.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is those babies and little kids aren't taken because some guy just decided he liked the looks of them. They're taken because they're different. Things happen when they're around and, of course, no one blames it on them. How could little Junior possibly knock over a semi? He didn't even move!

But I know different. Because I'm like them. I'm the last one left that the government hasn't destroyed or taken for themselves. The last survivor of the last team of Waves. My name is not important but I'll tell you what it is anyway. My name is Rebbsie Taylor. And I want to break them out. All those little girls and boys.

So the question is, do you want to join me or shall I kill you?

Here's to hoping that will get me through 50,000 words. The excitement is starting to build and I'm almost to the point where I can't wait. I've started a count down, you can see it at the top of this posts and it's successors (or you will).

I would also like to mention something about the Reading Trail while I've got your attention. I did finish Little Women but I won't be doing a review on it. As I mentioned, it's a condensed version, and as I was rereading it, I realized it was even more condensed then I thought. It tells basically what happens but it's not very specific or in depth and likes to move through the scenes quickly. As the back claims it has been (very) adapted for young readers. I mean, I got this book (plus about 23 others that my grandma got me, Treasury of Illustrated Classic is the name of the series) when I was in the third grade. It's not supposed to be anything grand so what's the point in reviewing it? Why would you want to read a review about it if you're over 10?

The point of the Reading Trail is for me to read all the books that I own, training for the climb. I don't necessarily have to review all of them. I've decided to post a list in the sidebar of the books on my list that I hope to read that month (here's to hoping I figure out how) and I'll review whichever ones I feel should be reviewed. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I'm now reading May Bird and the Ever After by Jodi Lynn Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment