- I will have THINKING OF YOU ready for query. I have completed revisions on chapters one through three. I rewrote my blurb. You can see it on my projects page.
- I will have two new first drafts. I came up with another idea that may lead to something of novel length.
- I will win National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo). NA
- I will submit at least two short stories to anthologies and/or contests. NA
- I will read at least one hundred books. I read five books this month and am halfway through two others. Goodreads informs me that I am two books behind.
- I will post at least one vlog a month. I recorded and started editing a video.
- I will exercise in some way once a week. I ran seven times this month, once for fifteen minutes, four times for twenty minutes, and twice for thirty minutes. I practiced choreography for our musical almost every day.
The Internet or, more specifically, social networking is my biggest distraction. While I believe that it's important, I can't let it obstruct my writing. It's impossible for me to merely cut back on my daily use. Instead I'm going to try going without for a week each month. One break will be included, however, because, as I learned this month, trying to catch up on a week's worth of posts is not fun. I also don't want to miss any important emails.
I don't know if I will implement this idea this month due to Spring Break. I will be out of town visiting family, which means I will have limited Internet access and no time to write. I don't see the point of disappearing for two weeks when I won't get to write for one of them anyway. Spring Break is part of the reason for this month's theme, which I will write a post about Tuesday, as well. (Hint, hint: It involves guest posting and promoting other writers.)
One of the productive things I did in February was revamping my blog. What do you think? Be honest.