"I wish that had been the case when she sent us into an orchard of possessed trees," Zoie says.
"Yes. Or perhaps when she almost killed me by nearly dropping me into a horde of soldiers," Lico agrees mildly.
Ahem. Now as I was saying, I'm jumping straight to the awards. Firstly, Ella generously gave me two awards. For them I have to share seven things about myself-
"I for one think she owes us," Zoie interrupts again.
Lico makes a faint noise of agreement.
"I would like to share seven facts about myself with the blogosphere. I think I deserve that." Zoie's hands are on her hips, her fingers drumming against her sword hilt. "Don't you think she should give us that, Lico?"
"If that's what you would like," he mutters.
"Lico! Quit looking around. There's nothing here for you to steal. Unless..." Zoie looks my way.
Fine. Just tell them your facts.
"Thank you very much, ymmis." She redoes her bun then addresses the masses.
- I never wear baggy clothes. They're impractical and tend to hold water when you are thrown into a river.
- Food is one of my most favorite things. In fact, that Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award is looking very good right now. Lico, would you please remind me to ask the drafu for a strawberry tart?
- Speaking of, I have a drafu seed as a pet. I've been meaning to plant it, but I haven't found the right spot yet.
- I have banned white flowers from being planted around the castle. I do not wish to see them when I gaze out my bedroom window.
- I am not merely Zoie. I am Zoie the Fourteenth. It is a name of great expectations. All the previous Zoies have been memorable in their own right.
- Lico and I are always together. Of course, that's because we are bonded. It's a land dryad thing.
- You are not impressed, I see. Well, here's something that is certain to catch your interest. When I was four years old I started a war by refusing to kiss the air before saying a certain member of the Nouran royal family's name.
You've shared your facts now, Zoie. Please let me finish my post.
"We shall see," she says.
-sigh- I'm passing each of these awards on to one person. For the Versatile Blogger Award, my critique partner Steph Sinkhorn. For the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award, Angela Brown.
The next award was presented to me by Trisha. Really though it should have been the other way around as she has been a much better commenter than I have been of late. However, I am working to fix that.
"Notice how she is more focused on that than editing our story," Lico interjects. "My dialogue really should be more eloquent."
I am supposed to pass this on to other great commenters. Of course, Michael Offutt is the best. He comments on almost every single one of my posts which is why I'm giving him this award even though he has already received it. I am also giving this award to Laura W., a fellow teen writer.
"Oh! Didn't she think my story sounded interesting?" Zoie asks.
Yes, she did. Now if I may?
"Do you remember the days when she used to be happy to talk to us, Zoie?" Lico asks.
"Like it was a mere ten days ago."
Lastly, Michael Offutt gave me the Kreativ Blogger Award. To accept this award, I must:
- Thank and link back to the person who presented me with the award.
- Answer the ten questions below.
- Share ten random facts/thoughts about myself.
- Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
So, Michael, thank you kindly for this award.
Lico snorts. "Of course you're grateful. That's why it took you six months to get around to telling him."
And here are the questions:
- What is your favourite song? I don't have one. I have many. On YouTube I have a whole playlist of videos that I listen to while I write. It contains over a hundred songs.
- What is your favourite dessert? Again, don't really have one. But chocolate almond is my favorite ice cream.
- What ticks you off? When people interrupt me while I'm reading a good book to tell me that the book is good. Also, when people talk to me like I'm an idiot.
- When you're upset what do you do? It depends what I'm upset about and the degree of my upsetedness. Sometimes I squeeze something, like a pillow, sometimes I have to scream or hit something, sometimes I just have to sit somewhere until I calm myself down.
- Which is/was your favourite pet? Well, cats are my favorite type of pet.
- Which do you prefer black or white? It depends on what we're talking about. Cats? Black, definitely.
- What is your biggest fear? Spiders in the shower with me. ;) Actually, it's the thought of what people can do.
- What is your attitude mostly? I'm generally upbeat or kind of indifferent in a thoughtful sort of way.
- What is perfection? Something that is undefinable because everyone views it differently.
- What is your guilty pleasure? I don't have one. If I take pleasure it in, I don't feel guilty about watching or reading or eating or whatevering it.
"Now I know why you write," Zoie says.
And why is that?
"Your characters are quite a bit more interesting than you are."
Is that so? Then perhaps you would like to provide three more facts to give us a total of ten in this post.
"I would, but for your audience's sake, I think Lico should try."
Lico frowns. "And why would I want to share things about myself with a potentially quite large group of people?"
Because I can do it for you.
His lips move in an almost curl. "Very well."
- Though I can walk and live on land, I must be close to running water at all times.
- My previous profession and now part time hobby is the, ah, finding and trading or selling of valuable goods.
- Most of the profit from those valuable goods goes toward tailored suits.
I have already mentioned four worthy blogs in this post. For a total of seven, I am giving this award to Kate Coursey at Weaving Colors, Trisha at W O R D + S T U F F, and Teralyn Pilgrim at A Writer's Journey.
This concludes my award post which means I'm finally caught up. There are no more obligations tucked into my draft folder. My blog will once again be in complete order as soon as I finish updating my labels!
"Does this mean you'll have more time for us? You know you're itching to return to our book. It's part of the reason we're bothering you so much," Zoie says.
I told you, next year! (Just between me and you, I think Zoie has gotten a little uppity since she- Damn. I've said too much.)