Thursday, December 23, 2010

For One Day

This week I made sure that I had a poem ready before Thursday. I need to start being stricter about this. I just need to work a little bit on time management. Quitting Neopets should help, I'm planning for the first. Here's to hoping that's successful. Now, I know that none of you are here to listen to me ramble about Neopets so how about that poem?

For One Day

One day
I'll float above the moon
And shine just as bright

One day
I'll stand high like the trees
And spread my roots just as far

One day
I'll support wonders earth never could
And hold just as firm

This is
My dream for
One day

Today
I'll scratch out words like unpolished gems
And love them just as if they were diamonds

Today
I'll scramble for ideas that prick my fingers
And dote on their fragrance just as on a rose

Today
I'll stare down glowering paper fiends
And attack them with ink just as black as they are white

This is
My reality for
Today

I didn't exactly intend for my poem to be about becoming a famous author but that's what happened. It seems to me that my writing often doesn't turn out like I think it should. That's perfectly fine with me because the ensuing idea normally turns out better than the one I had in the first place. Does that ever happen to you?

While we're on the topic of poetry, Teen Ink has finally approved my poem to go up on their site after a month and eight days. If you want to see it, because I haven't posted that one on the blog, click here. I'm thinking about what poem I want to submit next (maybe this one?) so I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment