Thursday, March 24, 2011

NaPoWriMo

You're all probably scratching your heads, and not just because of that funny word up there (or maybe you are). Today is Thursday, and such being so, I should have Poetry Peak, yes? But today, and every Thursday until May, there will be no Poetry Peak. You see, for April, I have another poetry venture in mind.

NaPoWriMo stands for National Poetry Writing Month. It is a challenge, inspired by NaNoWriMo, to write a poem a day for a month. So, instead of getting a poem a week, you're going to be seeing a poem here everyday. How does that sound? I thought so too.

This doesn't mean that I won't be posting any other posts. Reviews, short stories, and all etcetera posts will still be posted for your viewing pleasure. I also have something special planned; it's still in the works. Hint: It has to do with the Crusade. But you didn't hear that from me, mkay?

Question: What subjects do you like in poetry?

5 comments:

  1. Oh! Is that April? I'll have to join. My whole "write a poem everyday" plan is starting to slip, so NaPoWriMo will whip it all back into shape.

    I've been on a Brooke poetry withdrawal without FoD, so I can't wait to see what you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and May is NEPMo. Don't forget. ^^ At least there's been Poetry Peak for you to enjoy. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great challenge. Good luck. I look forward to reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. ^^ I just hope I can get a last few things straightened out before April gets here. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your posts during poetry month. Hope to see a few more poetry posts soon.

    ReplyDelete