Tuesday, May 15, 2012

OSAI Update and Plan of Action

The verdict's in. I will not have Internet for the two weeks I'll be away at OSAI in June. In a way, this is almost a relief. Without even the possibility of Internet and blogging, focusing on my writing will be much, much easier. However, in another way, it is entirely nerve racking! How am I going to get caught up on two weeks of missed blog posts? I can do it, but I'm probably going to run myself into the ground in the process.

I'm almost considering -gasp- letting those posts go. But I really don't want to. What if I miss something important? I'll be out of the loop. And I've read every single post every single person I follow has ever written. How can I let all that go to waste?

I'm thinking my best option would be to do what I did when I got behind during Spring Break. I read the most recent posts and went back to read the backlog when and if I had time. This is most effective for me, I believe, because I don't fall any more behind, in fact I start to catch up, I don't get stressed, and I still read everyone's posts.

Which do you think is the right choice? Do you like my plan of action?

On another sorta-kinda related note, I've made it my goal to finish up my last two Chrysalis stories before I go away. I received a binding machine for Christmas and I was toying with the notion of taking all of my short stories with me in a little "book." It's probably a good idea to take some of my writing with me (I don't know if I have to yet, still waiting for supply lists to be posted on their website) and I think it might be comforting if sleeping in a room with three strangers starts to freak me out.

The one I'm currently working on is going to be deliciously creepy. I just hope I can do my idea justice. I guess you guys will be telling me soon enough.

8 comments:

  1. Have fun. The internet was invented in 1994 or thereabouts. I was 23 at the time. That means that I survived 23-years without the internet. To hear you gasp that you might not be able to survive without internet while you are away is kind of funny. Yeah...there was a world before the internet. There will be a world after it's gone. That's how things work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can live without the Internet (I think... I hope). I'm gasping at potentially not reading blog posts. You know I've read every one you've ever posted on your blog (I like to say these things a lot because I'm a bit of a boastful person).

      Also, I hope I'm gone before the Internet is.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't feel too bad if you can't read EVERY post by every blogger that you follow. Even the most dedicated blog readers can't read that much!

    I have an award for ya:

    http://thefarseas.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/great-comments-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I've managed it so far. Of course, I only follow about 40 or so blogs.

      And I saw that! I'm working on writing award posts. With how many I've built up, it's going to take a lot.

      Delete
  3. I think it's amazing you're so committed to blogging. But give yourself a break. Enjoy writing. That's what's important. And have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm most certainly going to try, Theresa. I most certainly am. On all accounts. ^^

      Delete
  4. Your plan sounds good to me! You're amazingly committed to the blogs you follow. I don't know how many blogs I follow, but I know it's definitely over 500. I never even hoped to read every single blog post! I can't even keep up with the new ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even follow 50 blogs. In a way this makes me feel like a bad blogger, especially when I compare myself to everyone else. But then I remind myself why I do what I do, of how, to use your word, committed I want to be, and it makes me feel better. :)

      Delete