Saturday, July 13, 2013

Calling All Haiku Lovers

I mentioned in my last post that I was going to be entering a haiku contest on Figment. Last night I posted my entry.

The first round of the contest is vote based. The twenty entries with the most votes, or "hearts," move on to the finals, where judges will choose ten winners. So... This is the part where I ask for a favor.

It's simple really. Just follow the four easy steps below.
  1. Go to Figment.com.
  2. Sign-up to the site if you don't already have an account. It's free. If you do, sign in.*
  3. Go here and read my entry. The site estimates it will take about five seconds.
  4. If you like the haiku, click on the "heart" button. And that's it!
Currently, I need 160 hearts to be in the top twenty. Every vote helps. Thank you for taking the time!

*If you have to sign up, remember to check your email to verify your account.

2 comments:

  1. I voted for you! I always love your poems. Also, Figment is a cool site. If it turns into an addiction, I think it will at least be a healthy one. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline. :) I really appreciate it. And the feeling is mutual. You need to get back into poetry!

      I haven't spent too terribly much time on Figment since I made my account, but I'm trying to become more active in that community.

      Delete